Are you struggling to determine what to write on an engagement card? Send the engaged couple your best wishes and congrats with a personalized greeting. With engagement messages, you can show how happy, excited, and happy the couple you are. Send engagement quotes for couple, whether it’s your best friend or your sister who just got engaged. So, if you’re worried about what to say, Viva Wedding has great suggestions for what to write on an engagement card for each couple.
Funny Engagement Quotes For Couple
These newly engaged couple quotes about love and soulmates are sure to make you smile. Whether it’s your own engagement or the happy news of a favorite couple, it’s also great. With that in mind, this collection of quotes about getting engaged can help you write an engagement card or use it as part of a toast at an engagement party.
1. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” —Kiersten White
2. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”- Robert Fulghum, True Love
3. “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner – just so they can have the last word.”
4. Happy engagement to both of you. May this wonderful day be the start of a journey full of love, commitment, and romance that will last forever.
5. Funny wishes to newly engaged couple: Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house.
6. Marriage is a three-ring circus. First the engagement ring, the wedding ring, then the suffering.
7. Now, at last, they were starting chapter one of the great stories that no one has ever read and that goes on forever, with each chapter being better than the last.
8. The best way to have a happy marriage is to put your pride aside and do what your wife tells you to do. When the demon is satisfied, she never fumes anger or harms anyone. Happy engagement!
9. Congratulations on getting engaged, and don’t be afraid of fights and arguments. You both are going to be together which will lead to war.
10. Amusing engagement quotes for couple: Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.
11. Marriages don’t work when one partner is happy and the other is miserable. Marriage is about both people being equally miserable.
12. I am with you as you say goodbye to your freedom. You have all my sympathy, but don’t expect to be near you as you take your frequent calls from your fiancé. Have a glorious engagement.
13. Congratulations are in order for my best friend, who just got engaged and exchanged rings with a girl! I lost all hopes of your wedding but God listened to your plea and endowed you with a beautiful life partner. God bless you with a happy life ahead and congratulations on the engagement!
14. I’m very happy that you’re getting married, but I’m also sad that you’re giving up the freedom of being single. I hope you both don’t miss the fun and enjoyment of your bachelor’s life. Anyways, Congratulations.
15. You are lucky to have found your perfect match in each other. I don’t think anyone else could have tolerated either of you as their life partner. Congratulations on your engagement.
16. Best quotes for engagement couple: Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.
17. Marriage lets you annoy one particular person for the rest of your life.
18. Now that you are engaged, you can say goodbye to late-night parties and hang out with your friends. I really feel bad for you but still, I want to congratulate you.
19. Marriage is like a public bathroom: people outside want to get in, and people inside want to get out.
20. Marriage is like a deck of cards. At the start, the only thing you need is two hearts and a diamond. But after a while, you start hunting for a club and a spade.
21. Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.
22. When you started dating each other, you made a promise to be girlfriend and boyfriend. When you became committed, you made a promise to love each other. Now that you are engaged, you have made a promise to marry each other. Aren’t you tired of making so many promises again and again?
>>> Recommend reading: Best 53+ Ideas Funny Engagement Wishes For Brother/ Sister/ Friends
Romantic/ Sweet Quotes For Engagement Couple
You want to post your engagement quotes for couple on social media, but you don’t know what to say in the caption. Are your friends or another couple you know getting engaged, and you want to show them how much you love them in the best way possible? Romantic quotes might be just what you are looking for for your engagement party. Choosing a quotation that reflects your personality and connection is crucial. We’ve put up a list of the best newly engaged couple quotes to help them decide.
23. Now, at last, they are starting “chapter one” of the stories that no one on earth has ever read and that go on forever and get better with each chapter.
24. A marriage is like a long trip in a small rowboat. If one person starts to rock the boat, the other person has to keep it steady or they will both sink.
25. This is the beginning of our sweet little story, where your page meets mine. No matter where our story takes us tomorrow, our story will always be read.
26. When you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want to spend the rest of your life with them as soon as possible.
27. Time is too slow for those who are waiting, too fast for those who are afraid, too long for those who are sad, and too short for those who are happy. But for those who love, time is an eternity.
28. “We are not perfect, we learn from our mistakes. And as long as it takes, I will prove my love to you.” – Sara Bareilles
29. “We start a relationship with someone not only because of how great they are but how great they make us feel. And because they have granted us this extraordinary gift—a chance to experience love, joy, compassion, and security. It is our exclusive privilege to make them feel wonderful about themselves, especially during days when they, themselves, don’t feel so wonderful.” – Kamand Kojouri
30. Over the years you’ve been together, you’ve shared a lot of love and laughter. I’m sure there will be many more happy times in the future. I wish you all the happiness that you deserve for your married life together.
31. Romantic engagement quotes for couple: Marriage is a rollercoaster ride. May you have more ups than downs and more laughs than screams. Most importantly, may you both enjoy the best ride of your life every night.
32. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard, and we’re gonna have to work at this every day. But I wanna do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever. You and me. Every day.” – The Notebook
33. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. Your love paints a beautiful picture of what love really means.” – Anonymous
34. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
>>> Do not miss out on these engagement gifts for friends!
35. Engagement quotes for couple: First, it’s important to remember that marriage requires commitment. The second important thing to remember about marriage is that so does insanity. — Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller
36. “You don’t need to be on the same wavelength to succeed in marriage. You just need to be able to ride each other’s waves.” – Anonymous
37. “A relationship is like a house, when a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, but you fix the light bulb.” – Unknown
38. “For better or worse, ‘til death, do us part, I’ll love you with every beat of my heart, and I swear.” — All-4-One
39. “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again. And that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.” – Barbara de Angelis
40. But Ruth said, ‘Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.'” — Ruth
41. Best engagement quotes for couple: “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the sense.” – Lap Tzu, Chinese philosopher
42. “In real life, shouldn’t a wedding be an awesome party you throw with your great pal, in the presence of a bunch of your other friends? A great day, for sure, but not the beginning and certainly not the end of your friendship with a person you can’t wait to talk about gardening with for the next forty years.”
>>> Read more: 30 Perfect Engagement Gifts For Gay Couples For Well-Prepared
Thoughtful Newly Engaged Couple Quotes
Sending an engagement greeting or one of these best quotes for an engaged couple on their big day doesn’t have to be hard if you use this list as a guide. You’ll find the perfect engagement quotes for couple to use in a text message or a card for family and friends. We will be here to help you.
43. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meure
44. “hey say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” – Tom Bodett
45. Soul mates. It’s extremely rare, but it exists. It’s sort of like twin souls tuned into each other…. I thank God every day that I found mine.
46. Amazing Engagement Quotes For Couple: “Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming: you have to start over again every morning.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr
47. “Make sure you have date night even if it’s once in a blue moon because most of the time you’re just too tired and you’d actually prefer to sleep.” – Chris Hemsworth
48. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” — Agatha Christie
49. “One of the keys to a successful marriage is separate bathrooms. When he enters my bathroom sometimes I’m like, ‘Why are you in here?’ And he’s like, ‘I live here. Can I enjoy my bathroom, too?'” — Michelle Obama
50. “Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” — Mark Twain.
51. New engagement quotes: “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more. That plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” — Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
52. “We have a couple of rules in our relationship. The first rule is that I make her feel like she’s getting everything. The second rule is that I actually do let her have her way in everything. And, so far, it’s working.” – Justin Timberlake.
53. Engagement is the time when you have a clear view of how wonderful your coming life will be. So try to get the best vision of a great and wonderful future waiting for you.
>>> Further reading:
- 38 Heartwarming Engagement Gifts For Daughter She’ll Love
- 30 Heartfelt Engagement Gift For Sister Make Her Delighted
- The 66 best engagement gifts for couples
Getting engaged is a significant life event. Having just begun a new chapter in your life, this is a time of excitement and anticipation. So it’s a special event to share your love with the best engagement quotes for couple that you know. To find the right one, it’s important to choose a quote that is true to you and your relationship. These are some of the best quotations from Viva Wedding. We hope this post will help you choose the greatest quotations.